Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Brick Oven Cooking: part seven


Every once in a while I get to visit an oven I built.  If I am fortunate, I cook in it along with the owner or chef.


I just spent a great couple of hours with Chris Dill, Executive Chef at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, NH baking foccacia.

Five years ago, I built a 54" brick oven in the dining facility.  Since then, it has been used for many purposes, especially Friday night pizza, slow roasting meats, and more recently, Wednesday focaccia.






Chris made a large tub dough and it sat beside the oven.  Multiple ingredients were available as the light and varied toppings customary on focaccia.

At 11 am, just before the lunchtime rush, when 350 students and faculty arrive, we began making focaccia. We went non-stop until 1pm.  I think we made about forty focaccia.

Every chef, pizzaiolo, cook has tricks.  Chris showed me a few that I'll carry with me on future focaccia adventures,
Grazie Chef Chris.


No comments:

Post a Comment